The latest Apache Aurora release, 0.9.0, is now available for download. This version includes many new features and improvements including:
- Now requires JRE 8 or greater.
- GC executor is fully replaced by the task state reconciliation (AURORA-1047).
- The scheduler command line argument ‘enablelegacyconstraints’ has been
removed, and the scheduler no longer automatically injects 'host’ and 'rack’
constraints for production services. (AURORA-1074)
- SLA metrics for non-production jobs have been disabled by default. They can
be enabled via the scheduler command line. Metric names have changed from
’…nonprodms’ to “…msnonprod” (AURORA-1350).
Full release notes are available in the release CHANGELOG.
The latest Aurora release includes the several removals and deprecations, including:
- AURORA-1074 - Remove the “enablelegacyconstraints” flag.
- AURORA-1139 - Remove backwards compatibility shims from JobUpdateKey introduction
We encourage you to try out this release and let us know what you think. If you run into any issues, please let us know on the user mailing list and IRC. The community also holds weekly IRC meetings at 11AM Pacific every Monday that you are welcome to join.
Thanks to the 18 contributors who made Apache Aurora 0.9.0 possible:
- Bill Farner
- Jake Farrell
- Kevin Sweeney
- Joe Smith
- Andrew Jorgensen
- Steve Salevan
- Brian Wickman
- Brian Brazil
- Stephan Erb
- Zameer Manji
- Maxim Khutornenko
- David McLaughlin
- Michael Leinartas
- Benjamin Staffin
- Dave Lester
- Jeffrey Schroeder
- Will Swank
- Ben Mahler