The latest Apache Aurora release, 0.13.0, is now available for
download. Here are some highlights in this release:
- Upgraded Mesos to 0.26.0
- Added a new health endpoint (/leaderhealth) which can be used for load balancer health
checks to always forward requests to the leading scheduler.
- Added a new
aurora job add client command to scale out an existing job.
- Upgraded the scheduler ZooKeeper client from 3.4.6 to 3.4.8.
- Added support for dedicated constraints not exclusive to a particular role.
See here for more details.
- Added a new argument
--announcer-hostname to thermos executor to override hostname in service
registry endpoint. See here for details.
- Descheduling a cron job that was not actually scheduled will no longer return an error.
- Added a new argument
-thermos_home_in_sandbox to the scheduler for optionally changing
HOME to the sandbox during thermos executor/runner execution. This is useful in cases
where the root filesystem inside of the container is read-only, as it moves PEX extraction into
the sandbox. See here
for more detail.
- Support for ZooKeeper authentication in the executor announcer. See
here for details.
- Scheduler H2 in-memory database is now using
In addition, scheduler thrift snapshots are now supporting full DB dumps for faster restarts.
- Added scheduler argument
-require_docker_use_executor that indicates whether the scheduler
should accept tasks that use the Docker containerizer without an executor (experimental).
- Jobs referencing invalid tier name will be rejected by the scheduler.
- Added a new scheduler argument
--populate_discovery_info. If set to true, Aurora will start
to populate DiscoveryInfo field on TaskInfo of Mesos. This could be used for alternative
service discovery solution like Mesos-DNS.
- Added support for automatic schema upgrades and downgrades when restoring a snapshot that contains
a DB dump.
Deprecations and removals:
- Removed deprecated (now redundant) fields:
- Removed deprecated
AddInstancesConfig parameter to
- Removed deprecated executor argument
-announcer-enable, which was a no-op in 0.12.0.
- Removed deprecated API constructs related to Locks:
- removed RPCs that managed locks
Lock parameters to RPCs
- Task ID strings are no longer prefixed by a timestamp.
- Changes to the way the scheduler reads command line arguments
- Removed support for reading command line argument values from files.
- Removed support for specifying command line argument names with fully-qualified class names.
Full release notes are available in the release
We encourage you to try out this release and let us know what you think. If you run into any issues,
please let us know on the user mailing list and IRC. The
community also holds weekly IRC meetings at 11AM Pacific every Monday that you are welcome to join.
Thanks to the 18 contributors who made Apache Aurora 0.13.0 possible:
- Amol Deshmukh
- Ashwin Murthy
- Benjamin Staffin
- Bill Farner
- Dmitriy Shirchenko
- Florian Pfeiffer
- George Sirois
- Jake Farrell
- John Sirois
- Joshua Cohen
- Kunal Thakar
- Maxim Khutornenko
- Se Choi
- Stephan Erb
- Tony Dong
- Zameer Manji
- Zhitao Li